BRADFORD TEXTILE SOCIETY DESIGN COMPETITION 2018 – 2019
Closing date for receipt of entries is –
FRIDAY 8th MARCH 2019 5pm
ENTRIES MAY BE SUBMITTED – MONDAY 4th TO FRIDAY 8th MARCH 2019
BRADFORD TEXTILE SOCIETY DESIGN COMP. 2019
CHURCH BANK HOUSE
Between 9.00am and 5.00pm
(PLEASE NOTE – this office will not be manned at any other time)
Please refer to the Prospectus for the full conditions of entry but may we draw your attention to the following points:-
- The maximum number of boards per entry is 2. Maximum size is A1. Each board should have a completed Board Label glued securely to the reverse side.
- ONE Registration Form must be completed for each entry to the Competition and must be attached, by paperclip, to the board containing the Main Sample. No names must appear on the front of any board.
- Anyone submitting multiple entries (individuals or educational establishments) should complete the Form for multiple entries as this will help us to reconcile the number of entries received and the number of entries to be returned in a package.
- Board Labels, Registration Forms and Multiple Entry Forms are available for download from our website –
- An individual piece of work may only be entered into one category so please consider carefully the category/section into which you enter your work to give it the best chance of being awarded a prize.
- There is no restriction on the number of entries you may submit into the Competition, either into the same category or different ones.
- Please check that you have fulfilled the brief for the section you are entering eg that you have used the correct yarns and percentage if entering sections AW1 and B1.
- Entry fees must be submitted at the same time as your entry unless arrangements have been made with the Secretary for group payments – £10 per student entry, £20 per entry for independent designers. Please tick the relevant box on the Registration form as to method of payment and only tick cash/cheque if you are enclosing this with your entry.
- Samples of textile work must be attached securely to boards to prevent their detachment during transit, handling or under exhibition lighting (in the event of your work being awarded a prize and included in the exhibition of prize-winners). Bradford Textile Society cannot be held responsible for work lost or damaged because it was not adequately secured to the submission board.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES/COMMENTS YOU CAN EMAIL ME ON THIS EMAIL ADDRESS AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO HELP.
HOWEVER, I WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS TO EMAILS BETWEEN 14th and 28th FEBRUARY SO PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE THE 14th IF YOU NEED ANY HELP OR ADVICE.
Many thanks and best of luck.
Secretary and Design Competition Coordinator
Bradford Textile Society
(Tel. No. for emergency use only: 07787 771221)
RETURN OF ENTRIES:
It is the responsibility of the Competition Entrant (Individual or educational establishment) to make arrangements for the return of their entries. Bradford Textile Society is unable to return entries without authorisation and payment.
Arrangements for return of work must be made, by email, to the Secretary at:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Work may be collected or returned by courier but please see the following notes for more details.
WE ASK THAT ALL WORK IS ARRANGED TO BE COLLECTED IN PERSON OR BY COURIER, PRIOR TO 30th JUNE 2019, PLEASE. WE DO NOT HAVE FACILITY FOR STORAGE AFTER THIS DATE AND ANY WORK REMAINING WILL HAVE TO BE DISPOSED OF.
All prize-winning work will be on display at the Dye House Gallery, Bradford prior to the Design Seminar and Awards Ceremony on the 10th May 2019.
If you are attending this event you may take the work away with you at the end.
If you are not attending the event on the 10th May you will have to make arrangements with the Secretary, by email, to arrange for collection from Church Bank House, Church Bank, BRADFORD BD1 4DY or to arrange a courier (at your own expense) to collect from this address.
NON PRIZE-WINNING ENTRIES:
If your work did not receive a prize but you are attending the Design Seminar and Award Ceremony on 10th May you may arrange with the Secretary, by email, for your work to be collected after the event from the Gallery. We do, however, ask that you notify us by 20th APRIL, 2018 if you wish to do this to allow time for packing and transporting the work to the Dye House Gallery.
If your work did not win a prize and you are not attending the Design Seminar and Awards Ceremony on 10th May, 2019 you must contact the Secretary by email, to make arrangements for your work to be collected from
Church Bank House, Church Bank, BRADFORD BD1 4DY or to arrange a courier (at your expense) to collect from this address. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE REMOVED BEFORE 30th JUNE, 2019
Alternatively, you could use the Royal Mail online parcel service. Please consult their website for details.
WHILST EVERY CARE WILL BE TAKEN FOR THE SAFE RETURN OF SUBMITTED WORK, BRADFORD TEXTILE SOCIETY CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE. WE ADVISE THAT RECORDS OF DISPATCH, RECEIPTS FROM THE SOCIETY AND CORRESPONDENCE REGARDING RETURN OF WORK ARE RETAINED SECURELY.